Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Catchy Lockyer Stories Will Live On

Wow the 'Bush to Beach - Catchy Lockyer Stories' tours was really exciting. I went to places I've never been before. Met some really smart students and teachers and enjoyed making up some great new stories.

Will the stories be forgotten?

Well I won't forget them because I'm going to tell to students at other schools. I hope you will to. That way they will be enjoyed by more and more people.

Last Friday I told some of David and the Snake Necked Tortoise at a conference at the State Library of Queensland. The teachers and librarians really enjoyed hearing the conversation between David and his Grandpa.

Today I told it again at Redbank Plains State School. The prep students really enjoyed it.

I also told 'Mary and Jack Rescue the Mopoke' from Flagstone Creek School. Everywhere I tell stories lately I've also been pretending to drink 'creek' from my water bottle. It's good fun playing with the audience as they say 'That's not creek, that's water'.

Daryll

No comments:

Post a Comment